It's Spring Break in Tennessee, and that means you need healthy snacks for the kids, and yourself! There are so many ways to get the nutrients you need, without sacrificing great tasting food. We are ready to share three blogs with different recipes to jump start your Spring Break, and keep that #healthylifestyle!
Let's start with breakfast! You'll need a hearty breakfast to keep up with the Spring Break festivities! Mowing the lawn for the first time, cleaning out those old clothes, going to the park with your kids, and even starting your garden for the season.
A frittata is a delightful and hearty egg dish, that becomes versatile in your kitchen - making you a kitchen hero! You can add anything you'd like to your frittata: cheese, peppers, onions, garlic, meats.. the possibilities are endless! For this recipe, we are going to keep it light and airy!
- 6 Large Brown Eggs
- 1 Pack of Baby Spinach
- 3 Diced Shallots (or your onion of choice)
- Mini Sweet Peppers
- 4 oz of Goat Cheese
- Olive Oil Divine's Garlic Herb Seasoning
- Olive Oil Divine's Pennsylvania Pepper
- *cream or milk substitute optional
- Heat your oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add your favorite Olive Oil Divine EVOO for an extra burst of flavor to prepare your frittata! Try Lemon Fused First Cold Pressed EVOO for a light and bright flavored frittata, Jalapeno Fused First Cold Pressed EVOO for a Southwest frittata (add salsa on top for a real flavor booster!), or our popular Olio Nuovo Koroneiki First Cold Pressed EVOO for a wonderful sear on your vegetables before the frittata is created!
- Add all vegetables to your oven-safe pan to sear in your choice of EVOO for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and set to broil.
- While your vegetables are cooking, mix your 6 Large Eggs in a bowl with your desired spices. Pour over your pan seared vegetables into the skillet, and continue to cook until the eggs begin to set.
- Place your skillet on broil for 5 minutes or until the top of the frittata is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the frittata to cool for at least 2 minutes.
- Garnish with goat cheese, salsa, parsley, or your favorite Olive Oil Divine EVOO!
We hope you enjoy this breakfast blog, and stay tune for our special Spring Break Lunch Recipe, next! Happy Cooking!