- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil Divine's Vanilla Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more reserved
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil Divine's Organic Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of Olive Oil Divin's Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine's Raspberry White Balsamic Vinegar
- Drizzle with Olive Oil Divine's Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with baking spray (we recommend getting a spray with flour added); line bottom of the pan with parchment paper (read the instructions at the bottom of the page for a time-saving hack when lining a round pan!).
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat eggs and sugar at high speed for 30 seconds. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, beating until combined. Add milk, beating until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating until combined and scraping the bowl as needed. Pour batter into your pan.
- Bake 30-33 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Brush with vanilla olive oil.
- For your topping: Once you have brushed your cake with your vanilla EVOO, drizzle your cake with our Caramel Sauces (optional) and lightly drizzle with our Raspberry Balsamic.
For cutting a circle
- Tear or cut off a sheet of parchment just slightly bigger than the cake pan.
- Fold the parchment in half from the bottom to the top.
- Fold the parchment in half again from right to left so that it now more closely resembles a square.
- Fold the square into a triangle by folding up from left to right.
- Fold the triangle in half again from left to right to make an even smaller triangle.
- Hold the triangle against the pan. Find the corner of the triangle where the center of the paper will be once it’s unfolded. This is your center point. Place this corner in the middle of the cake pan and hold the parchment right where it hits the edge of the pan.
- Cut the parchment. Using where you are holding the parchment as a guide, trim the triangle about 1/4-inch in from the edge of the pan.
- Unfold the parchment and you have a perfect round for your cake pan!