· 1 tsp coffee granules
· 1/2 cup red onion, diced
· 5 kg bone-in ham
· 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
· 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
· 1/4 cup maple syrup
· 2 teaspoon garlic paste
· 4 Strips of Uncured Bacon
· 1.5 tbs Olive Oil Divine Bacon Flavored EVOO
· 2.25 Tbsp Olive Oil Divine Moroccan Vegetable Rub
· 3/4 cup Olive Oil Divine Maple Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220°. Remove the rind from the ham, leaving the fat layers in place.
- Place the ham on a rack in a baking pan. Brush the bacon olive oil over the ham, add bacon strips.
- Glaze: Add olive oil in cold pan over medium heat. Add onions, cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add other spices, stir over low heat until fragrant.
- Bake 5 minutes, reduce temperature to 180°. Cook 40-45 minutes, basting with the juices, brushing regularly with remaining glaze until surface of the ham is sticky. Remove from oven and set aside 15 minutes before slicing.
- Dissolve coffee in ¾ cup of boiling water. Add sugar and coffee, cook 5 minutes. Pour in vinegar, simmer 30 minutes until mixture becomes sticky. Cool to room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!