- 1 lb of Olive Oil Divine's Garlic Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine's Garlic Fused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 small yellow onions, washed, ends removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil Divine's Traditional White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 head of broccoli, ends removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of flour
- White wine for deglazing
DirectionsPreheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay broccoli florets onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with EVOO, and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Roast for about 20 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and set aside.
While broccoli is cooking, heat EVOO over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper to taste, and lightly dredge in flour (shake off excess flour). Sear chicken until golden brown on each side. Remove from the pan and let rest.
In the same pan, add the yellow onions and sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add garlic EVOO and sauté for 1 minute more. Deglaze the pan with white wine by scraping the bottom of the pan gently while it comes to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes to allow the liquid to reduce slightly.
Add chicken back to the pan with the onions. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Let cook for 15-20 minutes, or until yellow onions are slightly caramelized.
Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in a sauce pot. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta mixture over a bowl to catch the cooking liquid.
Add pasta to a mixing bowl and stir in some Parmesan until fully combined. While stirring, slowly drizzle some cooked pasta water into the pasta mixture until desired consistency is reached.
Serve pasta in a serving dish and top with sautéed onions and chicken. Garnish with charred broccoli florets and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.