- 2 lbs flank steak (or steak of your choice, tip sirloin works well too).
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil Divine Espresso Steak Rub.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil Divine Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil Divine Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1 14 oz Canned artichoke hearts drained.
- 1 Large clove garlic lightly crushed.
- 1/2 Lemon.
- 4 cups of your favorite salad mix.
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese shaved.
- Let your steak come to room temperature (about 20 minutes).
- In a large pan heat 2 Tbs olive oil over medium to medium high heat (keep and eye on the oil in the pan you want it to shimmer but not smoke, everyone’s stove is different adjust according to your stove-top).
- Once pan is hot sprinkle your espresso steak rub on your steak and give it a light press to let the seasoning adhere.
- Gently add steak to hot pan, it should sizzle a little. Cook steak for 6-8 minutes per side for a medium rare. (do not turn steak, let it form a crust, it will un-stick itself once its ready).
- Once you have flipped the steak give it about a minute to form a crust then add your balsamic, periodically basting.
- While steak is cooking add the remaining oil to a large pan and heat it to medium to medium high. Once hot add drained artichoke hearts letting them cook until they start to get light brown then flip.
- Once you have flipped your artichokes add the juice of half a lemon ( make sure not to add the seeds) add your garlic clove and start periodically basting the artichokes (make sure to keep an eye on the garlic it can burn fast).
- Once steak has reached your desired doneness, take out of the pan, lightly cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- While artichokes are finishing and steak is resting, make a glaze by reducing the vinegar.
- Not a fan of Red Apple Balsamic? Try it with Olive Oil Divine Raspberry White Balsamic Vinegar instead!