School is in session in just a few weeks! We are excited to bring you a few DIY recipes to help make your daily school schedule easy while providing healthy options for yourself or your children! First up, let's start with Breakfast! Breakfast is a hard one with school starting early, so let's make it simple and healthy to start the day strong!
ON THE GO BREAKFAST IDEAS:
Turkey Sausage and Cheese English Muffins-
- Butterball Ground Breakfast Turkey Sausage
- Kraft Old English Cheese Spread
- English Muffins of Choice
- Olive Oil Divines Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brown your ground turkey sausage.
- When the sausage is cooked, add your sausage and cheese spread to a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle our Olive Oil Divine Butter Flavored First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil on open faced English muffins and toast in the oven at 425 until they begin to brown.
- Add your sausage and cheese mixture to the English muffins and put them back in the oven for an additional 2-5 minutes or until toasted to your liking.
Meant to Brie Roll Ups-
- Crescent Rolls
- Favorite Jelly or Jam - Let's go with Blackberry for this example.
- A Dark Balsamic Vinaigrette to pair (for this example let's use our Cinnamon Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar)
- Roll out your crescent rolls and fill them with slices of brie, and a spoonful of jam/jelly.
- Roll them up and cook according to the package directions.
- Drizzle your balsamic vinegar on top of the crescent rolls when you are ready to serve.
EASY LUNCH IDEAS:
The Italian Ring Sandwich-
- 2 Tubes of Crescent Rolls
- Sandwich meat of choice for Italian sub (suggested: turkey, salami, pepperoni, and ham)
- Banana Peppers and Onions are optional
- Cheese of choice (we recommend provolone or a more mild cheese)
- Tuscan Herb Infused First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- On a pizza pan, put a bowl face down.
- Lay your crescent roll triangles around the bowl to create a "wreath-like" effect.
- Add your toppings and fold crescent rolls over to finish the ring, and remove the bowl.
- Bake according to directions on the package.
- In a separate bowl, mix our Tuscan Herb Infused First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper to taste.
Pizza Roll Ups-
Ingredients: **example is for a pepperoni pizza, but your possibilities are endless!**
- Pizza Dough (canned is perfectly fine! Easy is the best here!)
- Olive Oil Divine Parmesan Garlic Infused First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sauce of choice
- Toppings of Choice
- Open your canned pizza dough and spread it out to the length of a cutting board.
- Add your sauce and toppings.
- Roll up the pizza dough into a log.
- Cut the log into pinwheel sized pieces.
- Put pinwheels face-up and bake according to the package directions.
- Brush with our Olive Oil Divine Parmesan Garlic Infused First Cold Pressed EVOO and bake.
- Serve with our amazing homemade ranch recipe https://oliveoildivine.
Don't forget to share your creations in our Facebook Group!