How to make Vegan Butter
Whenever you go dairy-free, you may think you'll lose your favorite kitchen products for cooking. Well, we came up with a Vegan Butter recipe to replace your favorite, everyday butter!
Of course you can always go simple by just using our Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
- 1 Cup of Melted Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Soy or Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons OOD Mission First Cold Pressed EVOO
- Small Pinch of Turmeric for Color
- 1 TSP OOD Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TSP Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 TSP of OOD Sel Gris Gourmet Chef's Salt or salt to your tasting
- In a blender, add the melted coconut oil
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar to the unsweetened soy or almond milk, stir so that it curdles into buttermilk. Once it has curds, add it to the blender of oil!
- To the blender, add your nutritional yeast, salt, and turmeric.
- Blend until it's smooth, then add your EVOO (if you blend olive oil on high speeds, it could cause the oil to have bitter tones) and fold into the mixture. Put in a glass jar or container to be stored in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge and let thaw for a few minutes for the perfect spreadable "butter" or for cooking purposes!