Spring Break is a time for relaxation, good food, and anticipating the fresh flavors of Summer! Today's food blog is all about lunch! What can you make for your kids and yourself that satisfies those cravings? How about we start with a fresh salad!
Are you wondering how a salad can be good in the Spring? There are lots of fruits and vegetables that are in season right now! Here's our Spring inspired recipe to quenched your cravings, and give you lots of nutrients for you! This recipe can also be utilized as a great side salad, or picnic must-have! Salad doesn't have to be boring.. So let's make it fun!
- Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- Chopped Baby Spinach
- Sliced Strawberries
- Chopped Rhubarb (optional)
- Chopped Pineapple
- Minced Chives
- Cubed Mango
- Cubed Avocado
- Chopped Walnuts or Almonds
- Shredded Carrots
- Goat Cheese
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
In a food processor or blender, combine 1 TBSP Olive Oil Divine's Strawberry Aged White Balsamic Vinegar, 2 TBSP Olive Oil Divine's Mission First Cold Pressed EVOO, 1/4 TSP Olive Oil Divine's Hawaiian Black Salt, 3/4 TSP Olive Oil Divine's Lemon White Pepper, 1 TSP Poppy Seeds, 1/2 TSP Sugar, and 1 Cup of Strawberries to create your dressing. Add additional EVOO for a smoother consistency. Store in a glass container with a tight lid.
Now for the kids - they need a good meal too, right? Let's make them something fun and nutritious! How about a wing party?! Wings do not have to be spicy or super messy. But of course, you can make those too! Try these simple wings for a recipe that your whole family will love!
- 8 Pounds of Chicken Wings with the fat trimmed or You can use Chicken breasts cut into strips for those who aren't a fan of the boned wings!
- 1/4 Cup of Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Apricot Preserves/Blackberry Preserves/Apple Sauce/Crushed Pineapple (be creative!)
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar as needed
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil Divine's Roasted Garlic Pepper
- 1/2 Bottle of Olive Oil Divine's Coconut Pineapple Balsamic BBQ Sauce (Cinnamon Apple Balsamic BBQ Sauce can be a substitute)
- 2 TBSP Lime Fused First Cold Pressed EVOO
- Top with Olive Oil Divine's Himalayan Pink Salt to Taste
- Prep Chicken by washing and rinse in Olive Oil Divine's Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and allow sauce to sit until ready
- Preheat Oven to 375*.
- Coat wings in Olio Nuovo Koroneiki First Cold Pressed EVOO, salt and pepper to taste. (chili powder optional*)
- Place wings in the oven for 40 minutes. They should have an internal temperature (suggested) of 165 degrees.
- While the wings bake, transfer your sauce into a small sauce pot to begin reducing until thickened.
- When the wings are done, remove from the oven, increase the oven to 425*, pour sauce over the chicken and coat all sides, and return to the oven for up to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow wings to cool before serving!