- 3 lb roast, fat trimmed off
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine's Steak Rub
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine's Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chunked
- 1 onion, chunked
- 2 stalks celery, chunked
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
Cover roast with steak rub. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat and add in olive oil. Add your roast and sear it on all sides.
Mix the cold water and cornstarch and place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add in the beef broth, celery, carrots, onion, and potatoes. Then add in the roast.
Cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours.
Cut against the grain of the roast for a tender cut.
If the liquid isn't thick enough to serve as a gravy at the end, you can simmer it with a 1 tsp cornstarch to 1 tbsp of cold water slurry to thicken it into a gravy.