It's almost Memorial Day weekend, and we know that means you'll be cooking up some amazing recipes in your kitchen! Here's a few to jump-start your meal prep for your picnic, grill-out, or celebration!
Cucumber Tomato Salad:
- Any tomato will be fine. But, we love heirloom for this recipe!
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1 Large English Cucumber or 1.5 Summer Cucumbers
- Olive Oil Divine's Himalayan Pink Salt or Olive Oil Divine's Jalapeno Salt for a kick!
- Pinch of Sugar
- Olive Oil Divine's 2 TBS of Apple Cider Vinegar
Slice your tomatoes, chop your cucumbers and onions, and place them into a container that will seal. Add your seasonings, Apple Cider Vinegar, and water if you like yours "juicy"! Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend. Enjoy it by itself, add fresh avocado, or even put it on top of grilled chicken for dinner!
- Fresh Peaches with the Skins on
- Goat Cheese or Feta
- Olive Oil Divine's Cask 25 Traditional Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Grill your peaches, face down, on aluminum foil so that the peach juices do not cause it to burn or stick! Grill until soft, then add your crumbled goat cheese, and top with Dark Balsamic Vinegar! Bonus points if you add fresh basil!
Mini Crab Cakes:
- 1 lb. of lump crab meat (there are great refrigerated brands!)
- 1 beaten large brown egg or egg substitute
- 2 tbsp. of mayo of choice
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil Divine's Lemon Pepper
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil Divine's Gulf Coast Bay Seasoning
- Lemon juice to serve
In a mixing bowl, add all of your ingredients together, except for the bread crumbs and crab meat. Fold in the bread crumbs and crab meat separately until combined. Roll the crab minis into one inch balls then slightly flatten them to allow them to cook thoroughly.
Air fry at 375 (2-3 minutes per side) or pan fry 2-5 minutes per side on medium.
Create a spicy tartar sauce to dip your mini crab cakes by combining 4 tbsp. of mayo, 1 tsp of relish, and our Olive Oil Divine's Coconut Lime Balsamic Hot Sauce!
We hope you have an amazing Memorial Day Weekend! Thank you to all veterans that have served our country! We will forever be grateful for you, your family, and all that you have sacrificed for our Nation.