Greg loves his version of the classic Chex Mix that adds spicey flair. You will too!
Makes 3-4 Gallon zip-lock bags worth.
- 9 cups of Chex Cereal (equal parts of corn, wheat, rice versions)
- 2 cups of butter pretzels
- 3 cups of Cheese-its (original)
- 2 cups of cheese goldfish
- 1 can of mixed nuts
Mix all dry ingredients in 3 large bowls (yea, this recipe makes a lot of this stuff because you'll want more once you taste it!). Set aside.
- 1 Stick of butter (you can substitute more of our Butter EVOO for this if you want a healthier version.)
- 2 T of seasoning salt (Lawrey's is Greg's go-to)
- 6 T of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil Divine Jalapeño EVOO
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil Divine Butter EVOO
- Optional: 2 T of Olive Oil Divine Jalapeño Salt in place of seasoning salt to give it more heat.
Add all sauce ingredients into a warm pot while stirring. Just need to melt the butter, but don't let it become too hot.
Pour evenly over all cereal mixture bowls, toss and coat all parts. It will appear too oily, but this will bake-off and eventually soak into the dry mix. It is easiest to use your washed hands to mix and coat the dry ingredients, so now you see why you don't want to heat the sauce too hot!
Bake in a preheated 250-degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Be sure to stir the wet bottom to the top each stir. Large rectangular Pyrex bakeware are the easiest for this.
Let cool completely.
Option: Stir in 1 bag of mini-M&M's to give an offsetting salty-sweet sensation.
Store in airtight containers or Ziplock bags.