For the dough
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbs Olive Oil Divine Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 large egg.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree.
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast (one 1/4-ounce packet).
- 1 tbs organic honey.
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil Divine Himalayan Pink Salt, optional and to taste
For the honey butter
- 2 tbs Olive Oil Divine Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 tbs organic honey
- Add milk to a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high power for about 45 seconds.
- Add the egg, pumpkin puree, and EVOO and whisk to combine.
- Return measuring cup to microwave and heat for about 15 seconds to the warm mixture up.
- Add to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the remaining dough ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet pumpkin-milk mixture over the dry ingredients. Turn mixer to low speed and knead for 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and has come together.
- This is not a sticky dough and if your dough is too sticky, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Turn dough out into a mixing bowl that’s been lightly coated with EVOO. Allow the dough to get coated in the oil to retain moister, and cover your bowl.
- Keep your dough in a warm place, it’s ready when it has doubled in size (about an hour)
- Punch dough down and turn it out onto a counter, you might want to rub a little EVOO on it to keep it from sticking.
- Divide dough into 8 to 12 equally-sized portions, rolling each portion into a ball. They will get larger with the second rise.
- Cover pan with a sheet of foil, place the pan in a warm, draft-free environment until the dough has nearly doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes. In the last minutes of rising, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add your EVOO and honey and mix well.
- Before baking, generously brush dough with "honey butter”. Reserve any extra and brush it on after baking.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, or until puffed, golden, domed, cooked through, and when tapped, the rolls should sound hollow. Allow rolls to cool in pan until they’re cool enough to handle before serving.