· One 12-20 lb. turkey (unbrined) thawed with neck & giblets removed
· 1 cup Olive Oil Divine Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1/4 cup Olive Oil Divine Flippin’ the Bird Seasoning
· 1 tbs Olive Oil Divine Himalayan Pink Salt
· 1/3 cup Olive Oil Divine Bourbon White Balsamic Vinegar
· 1/4 cup Olive Oil Divine Honey Golden Balsamic Vinegar
· 1 onion, quartered
· 1/4 cup Olive Oil Divine Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
· 1 tsp Olive Oil Divine Pennsylvania Pepper
· 1/2 tsp Olive Oil Divine Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Mix EVOO, salt, seasoning together, rub it under/ over the skin of the turkey
(any excess oil seasoning brush into the cavity). Toss onion with 1 tbs each of the
honey and bourbon balsamic and stuff it all into the cavity.
3. Tuck the wings under the turkey, place turkey in a properly sized baking bag,
place it into a roasting pan. Place pan in oven.
4. After the first half-hour, open the bag to bast turkey with your remaining vinegar, continue basting throughout the cooking process. You might need to add water into the bag if it starts to stick or dry.
5. During the last 30 minutes to 1 hour open the bag top to let the skin crisp up. Remember to keep basting so the skin doesn’t burn!
6. Turkey is done when it reaches 165 F. Allow at least 15 minutes of resting before carving.
7. Take the roasting pan and remove the bag while dumping all the juice and bits out of the bag onto the bottom. Put the pan on medium heat on your stove (make sure your turkey is removed first).
8. Add the butter EVOO, stir. Add flour, cook for 1 minute.
9. Slowly add in the stock a little at a time, stirring thoroughly with each addition. Once all the stock is added allow it to thicken and then add the seasoning to taste.