Serving size 6-8
- 1 12-20 Pound turkey thawed with neck and giblets removed.
- 1 Cup Olive Oil Divine Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil Divine Flippin The Bird Seasoning.
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil Divine Himalayan Pink Salt (if using a brined turkey cut the salt in half)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil Divine Bourbon White Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil Divine Honey Golden Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1 onion quartered (optional)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Divine Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups Chicken stock (or vegetable stock).
- 1 tsp Olive Oil Divine Pennsylvanian Pepper. (+ to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil Divine Himalayan Pink Salt. (+ to your taste)
- Preheat your oven to 325 f.
- Mix your EVOO, salt, and seasoning together and rub it under and over the skin of the turkey (any excess oil seasoning brush into the cavity). Toss your onion with a tbs each of the honey and bourbon balsamic and stuff it all into the cavity.
- Tuck the wings under the turkey (so they do not dry out) and place your turkey in a properly sized baking bag and place it into a roasting pan. Place pan in your oven.
- After the first half-hour has gone by, open the bag to bast your turkey with your remaining vinegar and continue basting throughout the cooking process. You might need to add water into the bag if it starts to stick or dry out.
- During your last 30 minutes to 1 hour open the bag top to let the skin crisp up. Remember to keep basting so your skin doesn’t burn!
- Your turkey is done when it reaches 165 F, always allow at least 15 minutes of resting before carving.
- Take your roasting pan and remove the bag while dumping all the juice and bits out of the bag onto the bottom. Put the pan on a medium heat on your stove (make sure your turkey is removed first).
- Add your butter EVOO and stir around. Add flour and cook for a minute.
- Slowly add in your stock a little at a time stirring thoroughly with each addition.
- Once all the stock is added allow it to thicken and then add your seasoning to taste.