- 1 lb of 90/10 lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine's Austin Steakhouse Rub
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine's Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion slice
- 4 pieces of leaf lettuce
- 4 slices of ripe tomato
- 4 slices of American cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine's Cask 25 Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- This recipe easily doubles or even triples depending on how many you are serving
- Make sure your grill is clean. Rub the grates with oil, then preheat grill to medium high heat, around 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine meat and Austin Steakhouse Rub in a bowl and mix thoroughly but do not over-mix (over-mixing will make the meat tough).
- Evenly divide the meat into 4 equally sized patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Grill burgers about 4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit for a medium-well burger. Take off heat and let rest for a few minutes.
- Take your sliced onions and brush with butter olive oil. Place on grill and flip once to get those beautiful grill marks!
- Drizzle meat with Cask 25 balsamic vinegar, then add back to the grill one minute per side.
- Add cheese slice and remove burger from the grill. Create a tent with foil and place over burger until temperature reaches 150 degrees - about 3 minutes.
- While cheese is melting brush your hamburger buns with butter olive oil and toast on the grill.
- Assemble burger on bun with lettuce, tomato, onion slices, and any of your favorite toppings.
- Serve alongside chips, fries, or just as-is.