Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 2 eggplants (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil Divine’s Lemon Pepper Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Divine's Italian Seasoning (Salt Free)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pierce the eggplants in several places with the tines of a fork. Wrap them separately in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until soft, about 45 minutes.
Unwrap the eggplants; let stand until cool enough to handle. Halve them lengthwise; carefully remove the flesh, discarding the seeds and the skin.
Coarsely chop the eggplant flesh and place it in a medium bowl. Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tsp of parsley, Italian seasoning, mint, and salt and pepper; mix well.
Place the mixture in a serving bowl, drizzle olive oil over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of parsley and the cumin.
Serve at room temperature.
Notes: This dip makes a great vegan sauce for dipping veggies or pita bread. This is best if made a day ahead. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving.